Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Awards Introduction

I have created this blog as my final project for LIBR 130 on Awards for Children's Literature. Here you will find basic background information about awards that are very well known (such as the Newbery) as well as some that you may not have heard of. I have also included awards specifically for Washington state. Check along the side to find titles of awards that you would like to learn more about and the link will take you right there. If you're reading the blog all the way through, click "Older Posts" at the bottom to take you to the next page. Or, if you don't want to have to click through pages, click on "May" on the left side and that will make this blog one huge page.

Anything that is highlighted will take you to a website for more information and those that say "winner" will take you to a page with previous winners as well as the current winner. My intent is for this to be a quick reference with links and a bibliography to take you to more information.

The awards are in order from the earliest to the latest except for the regional awards which are all at the end.

The ALA and WLMA websites have more in depth background on many of these awards if you are interested in digging deeper.


Abbreviations that you will see in this blog:
ALA = American Library Association
ALSC = Association for Library Services to Children, a division of the ALA
WLMA = Washington Library Media Association
YALSA =Young Adult Library Services Association, a division of the ALA

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for dropping by my blog and for signing up for my giveaway.

    Are you a librarian in the State of Washington? Or did you just complete your course work to become one? I am in the Bethel SD (South of Puyallup)and I have a high school library.

    Anyway, my suggestion for this blog post would be to have your award book links right in the blogpost itself. It is a little confusing to have to go over to the side bar to click them one by one.

    I am always looking for concise lists like this. Keep it up-to-date and I'll be back!

    Anne
    http://headfullofbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete